Photo by Torben Ziemer
I am a communication designer from Germany living in the UK with a passion for branding and typography. Since 2012, I have run my own design practice, working with clients from all around the world and developing the skills to see any project through from start to finish. I am a dedicated, open and passionate person with an eye for the bigger picture and a drive to learn. Working with others and solving problems for my clients are the reasons why I love being a designer.
Fueled by my love for music, retro video games and most importantly coffee, I utilizes every tool and medium I can get my hands on to create unique and expressive designs in a variety of styles.
Areas of expertise
Corporate Identity • Editorial design • Digital Illustration • Typedesign & Lettering • Print production • Product & packaging • Interaction design • Photography & film • Webdesign • Research & Conception • Social Media • Project Management
02/2012 - present / Designer & Typographer / Freelance
• Working with over 20 international clients, often across multiple projects.
• Negotiation budgets and planning projects.
• Researching, developing and presenting ideas.
• Implementing feedback while also educating clients on my thought process.
• Managing pre-flight and print production.
• Planning social media strategies and customer interactions.
• Art direction and handing over design guidelines to in-house teams.
05/2013 - 06/2016 / Graphic Designer / Bleepstreet Records
• Developing a cohesive visual aesthetic for the brand as well as the individual clients.
• Working in cooperation with artists and management.
• Handling feedback from clients and internal reviews.
• Adapting and building on existing designs.
• Designing for various applications including print, web and apparel.
10/2015 - 10/2016 / MA Digital and Visual Communications / Wolverhampton School of Art
Focus on applied graphics and typography; research on design theory and historical context.
10/2011 - 04/2015 / Certified Communication Designer / Kunstschule Wandsbek Bremen
General design education with a focus on practical knowledge and technical skills.View my complete CV here